Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Define Interesting

It has been a while since I posted.  I started a draft, realized I wasn't into writing it that much, just didn't seem right, and things happened.  Gah!  Seems like I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  There have been moments where things slowed down but it has pretty much been out straight, and anyone who knows me knows that I'm not exactly the best person under stress.

Let's see.  There has been Jury Duty for the husband, where (we think) he picked up strep throat that had both he and I in various stages of sickness.  Then our 1-year-old (almost 2) showed one sign of an ear infection where he didn't want us touching his ear, and the next day, on Easter no less, his ear drum burst which I only noticed because he had pus coming out of it.  Way to make me feel like mother of the year right there.  The 5-year-old that day was just all kinds of off the walls.  I think he was just happy to get candy.  I posted the pictures on the other blog.  It was our first time celebrating Easter.  We don't go to church or do anything religious, but this year I thought it was okay to do the eggs and stuff because I finally found out where the eggs and bunnies come from in the modern day Easter celebration (they're pagan things incorporated back when Christianity was sweeping Europe in order to help bring more pagans into the folds; kind of like what they did for Christmas).   My parents were going to come up the day before Easter but with Husband and I only having just started treatment for strep throat (we were diagnosed Friday after we had symptoms for a couple days, thinking at first it was just a sore throat), and we weren't feeling too up to it, so they postponed for a week.

Okay, after Easter, it was take The Younger to the doctor to get his ear checked out, and doctor said we did everything right (relief from that).  We called the doctor-on-call on Easter, and we could have gone to the ER but the kiddo wasn't distressed at all, was perfectly normal behavior-wise and all the pharmacies locally were closed anyway.  Some time last week The Elder got something shoved slightly under his left index finger and that started an infection (see below for more on that).  My parents came up on Saturday and brought up my keyboard!  I'm so happy to have that back.  With the exception of listening to music, anything else music related has been shoved to the back burner because I didn't have my keyboard (long story, but mostly due to lack of space and then it needed repairs), and I was too self-conscious to sing or any of it.  So, with recent living arrangement changes, it was determined that there was a space to have my keyboard up and with that declaration my parents said they'd bring it back up the next time they visited, which was this past Saturday!  I'm amazed at how much I remembered scale wise and such.  I had to re-teach myself a few things, but that didn't take long.  I'm looking forward to working on my song again and finally figuring out how to continue with it, which is why I stopped working on it nearly a decade ago, then not having the keyboard and such meant I couldn't do anything with it anyway.  So now I have that back and I can do stuff again. 

Now there are two things conflicting with my desire to work:  Going out and photographing on nice days (or otherwise just plain going for a walk) and now my desire to sit at my keyboard and work on stuff. 

Regarding the kiddo's finger:  Yesterday I took him to the clinic because the finger still looked awful.  The doctor said I was doing what I was supposed to do (yay for being told that again).  Guess I shouldn't doubt myself so much with these things.  Said to soak it in saline to help with the swelling and I asked if it was okay to just add a bit of table salt to warm water and he said that was okay.  Then add an antibiotic ointment/cream to it and cover it, keep it dry, etc.  As a note on that, today it looks MUCH better than it did before, so there's that.  After the clinic it was home and Chance fell asleep in like the last 2 minutes of the ride home but didn't go back to sleep for like 3 more hours.  He pulled everything out of his drawers and then started stuffing things down the vent!  Could have done better with that I suppose, but with Atrus on top of that just getting annoying, it was a rotten afternoon.  Yup, I had a meltdown.  It was NOT pretty.  I wasn't intentionally ignoring the kids, but I was supposed to be working.  Only ended up with 2 hours in that time frame instead of the 4 I was supposed to have because of their antics and it screwed up the rest of the day for trying to get in my time.   Grrrrr. I hate it when that happens.  I feel like the worst person on the planet.  It was like every nerve just got tripped and any sanity or patience or any good stuff I could have had was just gone, spent.   Of course I've no idea what my final line count was for the day, but it wasn't good I'm sure.  Oh, and my supervisor wanted an extra hour because of all the work.  Didn't happen.

Today is better ... I think.  Husband started coffee for me before he left this morning (was so nice to find that).  He also got the kids a drink and morning snack.  However, Chance shook his cup so much that the valve came out of the sippy and there was juice all over the floor so I mopped that up when there was a moment while the kids were eating their actual breakfast.  On a bright note, my parents called last night to confirm some plans and my Dad came up this morning to pick up Atrus.  I deliberately didn't tell him because he was already wound up when they called (it was a late bedtime last night) so he was all sorts of excited when Grandpa showed up today to pick him up.  When they were up last Saturday he wanted to go back with them and wanted them to stay anyway, so we didn't even ask if he wanted to go as he had made that obvious.  I've gotten in an hour's worth of work so far, Chance is down for a nap (floor was dry before I put him in), and I've gotten a shower and feel refreshed to keep going for the day.  There's Farktography tonight which I remembered just a little while ago and I archive dove for pictures to use and with the exception of uploading to post, I am all ready for that, too.   Atrus will be back on Saturday.  He'll be happy for all the attention there and Chance will be happy to just have me and with one kiddo (temporarily) gone on this already hectic April vacation, I think the rest will be smooth sailing.  At least, I hope it will be.   This week I want to picture-take, piano play and get some scrapbooking in.  It's about time to round up another batch of pictures to send for printing to keep going on that so I will need to carve out time for that.  At least if they're printed it's easier to get them in the books!

Apologies for the length.  I knew it was coming.  This really wasn't a post about depression-related stuff, but it has been a roller-coaster emotion-wise and I just felt the need to do a bit of chronology to help play catch-up.  I'm all done ... for now anyway.  Time to get back to work and crank out some lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment