At this writing, I am down 13 pounds. Well, as of the previous Saturday morning as this is Wednesday and I haven't weighed since. It very likely is a different number. But there's progress, and that's the point. I haven't given up, I'm still making efforts. MyFitnessPal has been indescribably helpful and definitely a huge part of what is keeping me on track.
About three weeks ago I had some lab work done. I don't know if I mentioned that before or not. It was routine lab work done, and since I'm 30, a check of the lipids. My psychiatrist wanted me to get my vitamin D checked as well. I got the results back and everything is normal ... except for the vitamin D, which I thought would be fine. And it wasn't just low, it was deficient (one benefit of my work is that I understand some things). Figures that I've heard nothing from the physicians ordering the lab work, but I've picked up some vitamin D over the counter to take anyway. I have followups in just over one month with one and just over two months for the other.
For the first nine days, I did exercise every day, then it was one or two days off I think, but I've tried to keep it up. Last week wasn't all that good. I somehow picked up hand, foot, and mouth, and that started around the 12th or 13th for symptoms showing. Then as that reached its peak and started fading, I picked up a generic, run-of-the-mill common cold. Mood wise, I felt "okay," but nothing spectacular, and I didn't do as well around the house and all that as I could have, much less should have. I kept on my calories though! I ended up doing two days less of exercise than I wanted, but I was also feeling really worn out. I'm back on it this week, though. I'm noticing some differences. The clothes don't fit any different yet, but I'm able to take longer strides when out walking, meaning I'm using more of my legs than just my calves and I'm feeling it. And the surprise here, is that I was looking forward to it and I like it. I picked up a "Basic Cardio" workout available on iTunes for something that wasn't stretching or yoga to do inside for rainy weather. On husband's suggestion, the last time I did it, I added 2-pound weights in each hand to work the arms. Wow did I feel that for a couple days after. Two days ago, I decided to add sit-ups to the day, so when I got back inside from the walk that morning, I did some sit-ups, decided to add in crunches and pelvic lifts. Not going all out, though, and doing bunches and bunches. I'm only doing 20 of each, in sets of 5, so four sets, but mixing them up so it's say a set of crunches and then a set of sit-ups, followed by pelvic lifts. All this is an effort to better reduce my really fat belly. Hopefully it's enough to get started and to effect some difference, while not getting to be too many. I have to say this morning on my walk I felt some work in my abdomen, and that was nice. There's also a Bethenney Frankel Skinny Girl stretch (freebie on iTunes) that I find gives a good overall stretch and should lend itself to some flexibility the more I do it. It's a good cool-down following the walk (which always ends on an uphill, so it's a big finish), and some day I'll be able to do some of the stretches for real instead of modified for my current fatness and lack of strength.
I've also noticed that it's easier to wash my butt. I realize that sounds bad, but it's just easier to reach around or twist and get it done. Husband says my boobs are a bit bouncier in my bra, so I guess there's that as well. I still want to eat a lot, but I'm taming it. Seeing the days totals for intake as I go along has been unbelievably helpful. The other day I found myself thinking that I wish I could just eat whatever I want. The next thought was that I could if I wanted to. Right after thinking that I should, there came an internal voice reminding me that's how I got fat in the first place and that I didn't want that to continue. Amazing. It's not to say I don't allow myself treats, because I do. Ice cream cups are 100 calories each. And Hershey's Dark Chocolate is pretty good as well. I just budget for them in calories, or if I notice I did really well for the day and I still have some leftover. The current calorie goal is 1840 a day, more if I exercise. Last night's dinner was stir fry, and it was very tasty. No idea what tonight's dinner will consist of. Regardless of what we have, we plan out portion sizes and add the various counts together to see where we stand on the meal as far as calories. It's a relief to not be alone in this.
And that's a wrap for now. Time to get a shower (I get breakfast and a coffee in before shower) and then head out to get a few things, then come back and pick up the kitten to take her to get her shots, then back home and take care of some laundry before Atrus gets home and I have to start work. Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment